We work with executive leaders to help navigate through some of the most complex challenges their organisations face. We do this by uplifting and enabling team-based critical thinking.
Enabling Team-Based Critical Thinking
Organisations operating during times of ‘extreme change’ experience significantly more stress than during ‘business as-usual’. This is because there is increased pressure on the decision-making capability of the teams, as decisions often need to be made where there is:
- Incomplete or conflicting Information
- High levels of scrutiny
- Compressed timeframes
- Significant impacts
They need the capacity to respond well to change which is heavily dependent on adaptive decision-making.
Our 7 Step Process is currently used by leaders to help them through critical decision points when there incomplete or conflicting information, high levels of scrutiny, consequences and compressed time-frames.
The 7-Steps draw upon a combination of strategic and critical thinking skills from teams and provides thought diversity in problem solving.
The steps allow teams to leverage their individual skills to enable team-based critical thinking.
Team-based Critical Thinking Culture
Effective team-based critical thinking is reliant on a strong culture of trust, a willingness to listen, the courage to contribute and a commitment to following the process.
Key characteristics include:
- Leadership – ability to participate and lead ideas or themes
- Integrity – to behave in a way that builds trust and fosters collaboration
- Authenticity – to be willing to accept and share personal bias or constraints
- Self-awareness – to understand personal strengths and areas for improvement
- Effective communications – willing to listen and speak succinctly and respectfully
- Creativity – ability to bring fresh perspectives and new ideas
- Commitment to excellence – including attention to detail
- Commercial acumen – understand the key drivers for the business
When individuals and teams can exhibit these characteristics and skills, there is a greater propensity for the team to ‘cut through’, reach consensus and drive positive outcomes.