The need for CBD stakeholder groups to align and build a coordinated response capability has never been greater.
In 2015, the NSW Government updated the CBD-wide emergency management arrangements for organisations operating in the Sydney and North Sydney CBD.
These changes now demand that all CBD business leaders and property managers understand their new responsibilities – and crucial role – in responding to a city-wide emergency.
To help these groups interpret the new plan, and it’s impact on business, an online resource was launched jointly by Janellis and NSW Police www.cbdresponse.com.au in December 2015.
Leaders are now asking these questions with regards to a CBD emergency:
– Does everyone in the organisation understand their role in a CBD-wide emergency?
– Do we have confidence in our capability to respond?
– Are our plans aligned with the government’s and our property managers’ plans?
– Will we be able to coordinate our efforts in an effective way?
– Are we compliant with the Australian Standards and relevant regulations that underpin our response capability?
– Can we provide assurance to our key stakeholders and regulators that we have it covered?
Emergencies by their nature are challenging to respond to. CBD emergencies have additional levels of complexity including large numbers of people in high-rise buildings and a heavy reliance on transport infrastructure.
Dependencies between businesses, facilities managers, emergency services and property groups all need to be considered. Organisations must be confident that plans are aligned, CBD risks considered and teams responsible have the knowledge, capability and tools they need to be effective in their response. The need for these key CBD stakeholder groups to work together to build a coordinated capability has never been greater.
How can you be assured of your CBD Emergency Management capability?
To help businesses leaders answer their critical questions, build their CBD emergency management capability and provide assurance to key stakeholders Janellis has developed the “City Resilience Capability Review” for businesses.
The City Resilience Capability Review identifies gaps that require immediate attention, as well as ‘better practice’ approaches that can be applied more broadly across the business.
Our unique approach:
- builds on investments already made in the areas of emergency management preparedness
- creates alignment with specific CBD emergency requirements
- ensures integration across all incident, emergency and crisis management planning; and
- delivers confidence to all key stakeholders involved on their capability to respond.
We review a collection of relevant documents, conduct field inspections of CBD sites and have one-on-one meetings with nominated stakeholders. We specifically examine and assess the integration of the key requirements within CBD Response against your emergency management plans and procedures.
How have other businesses used this approach to create alignment?
By understanding the requirements set out in CBD Response and initiating a City Resilience Capability Review, businesses have gained confidence and assurance of their response capability in a city-wide emergency scenario.
The reviews have given them a roadmap to ensure that:
- Responses will be coordinated;
- People will be safe; and
- Impacts to the business are minimised.
- Janellis has expertise in the niche area of CBD Emergency Management and City Resilience. We have specialised in this area for over 10 years helping complex organisations align, integrate, test and assure their emergency, crisis and organisational resilience capability.
- In 2006, Janellis first developed the ‘CBD Emergency Management Guidelines for Businesses’ in collaboration with the NSW Government and received a State and National Award from the Attorney General’s Department.
- In December 2015 Janellis partnered with Dexus Property Group to facilitate the launch of CBD Response with key representatives from NSW Police, NSW Police Media and Transport for NSW, held at the Sydney Chamber of Commerce. The session raised awareness of the new plans and the tools available for business leaders.
- Janellis consultants have a diverse range of skills and experience across the spectrum of emergency and crisis management and all have over 15+ years experience in working with complex organisations and government agencies.
For more information on our capability and expertise in this area please follow the links below or contact us via email – email@example.com for more information.